Common sense tells us that planning ahead makes getting where we’re going a lot easier. Yet there are still so many marketers and business owners in the pet industry who don’t take the time to properly plan their roadmap (i.e. strategy) for marketing their products and services.
Are you one of them?
Or maybe you would take the time, but don’t even know where to start.
Or maybe your marketing team doesn’t have the skills necessary to create a strong marketing strategy and use it as a tool for success.
Or are there other hurdles in your way, like…
- I don’t have enough budget to do more than I’m doing, so why spend time planning more?
- I have so much to do that to take the time to strategize would be a waste – I’d rather just keep my head down and get my job done.
- After a strategy is complete, no one ever looks at it again. It’s a waste of time.
- Strategy isn’t a priority for my team or my company, so we don’t ever dedicate time to it.
I’m here to tell you to STOP THINKING THAT WAY! You may know where you want to go this year, but if you don’t know how to get there, does it even matter??
Picture this: you have to take a cross-country road trip starting in Los Angeles and ending in New York City. Sure, you could get in your car and just keep heading east, but common sense is going to tell you to plan a route, check into the weather you’ll be hitting, find hotels to stay in along the way, bring food and drinks for the car, look up any big sites to see, etc. You get the picture.
Bottom line is that without planning ahead, this 41-hour road trip could easily turn into a 90-hour road trip without actually getting to your destination.
Lucky for you, I have created a Marketing Guide designed specifically for marketing professionals in the pet industry. This FREE guide will help you discover best practices for creating a winning strategy and offers actionable tips to put your plans into motion.
Here is a preview of some of the questions:
- Did you develop a new marketing strategy for this year that includes objectives, goals, strategies, measurements, and timelines?
- Have you established a timeline, goals and an accountable person for every tactic in your plan?
- Do you complete a SWOT analysis annually?
- Do you know which three marketing initiatives resulted in the best ROI in the past year? And which three resulted in the worst?
By downloading this guide, you’re taking the first step in creating a stronger and more strategic tomorrow for yourself, your team and your brand.
Looking for more? Check out our Resources page for even more information that can support your marketing and the growth of your business!